Myth: Every vagina has the same pH, and hence requires the same amount of care. This is absolutely UNTRUE. Vaginal pH varies from person to person and even day to day, depending on your cycle, your diet and many other external factors.
pH refers to the vagina’s acidity level. Vaginas naturally contain a balance of different bacteria (lactobacilli - these are the good guys!) that protect the vagina from external bacteria and fungus. They provide natural disinfectants and help maintain for most women an average vaginal pH of 3.5-4.5. A vaginal pH in this range indicates that there is a perfect amount of good bacteria, and no overgrowth of the bad bacteria that can cause odor, irritation and sometimes infection.
Signs and symptoms of an unbalanced vaginal pH
A high pH level that leads to BV or another infection may cause symptoms like these:
· A foul or fishy smell
· Unusual white, gray, or green discharge
· Vaginal itching
· Burning when you urinate
Click here to read more about BV
What causes an unbalanced vaginal pH?
Any of the following situations can change your vaginal pH level:
· Unprotected sex. Semen is alkaline, which can encourage growth of certain bacteria.
Click here to read more about sexual health
· Antibiotics. These drugs kill not only the bad bacteria that cause disease, but also the good bacteria you need to maintain a healthy, more acidic, vaginal pH level.
· Douching. Although it isn’t advised, about 20 percent of women regularly wash out their yoni with a mixture of water and vinegar, baking soda, or iodine. Douching not only increases the yoni pH level, but also encourages the growth of harmful bacterial overall.
Click here to read more about vaginal douching
· Menstrual periods. Menstrual blood is a little bit basic and raises the pH in the vagina. When that blood flows through the vagina and is absorbed into a tampon or pad and sits in place, it can raise the pH level of the vagina.
Click here to read more about what’s in mainstream sanitary items
Just as every person is different, every vagina is different, and requires different amount of care! EmpressBody has put together a few tips to help balance your yoni pH.
1. Switch to an Alkaline Diet
Most women have a diet that consists of hidden ingredients that can cause more harm than we know. Swiching to an alkaline diet can help balance the body from unavoidable and unknowable ingredients, this can be done over the course of a month or for more permanent benefits even longer. Alkaline water is the first step, some like to use Moringa or kaffir lime juice in their water to help create this effect. EmpressBody stock two different forms of Moringa:
EmpressBody Moringa Tea Bags
Click here to view the EmpressBody Moringa Tea Bags
EmpressBody Loose Detox Moringa Tea
Click here to view the EmpressBody Loose Detox Moringa Tea
Our EmpressBody™ Moringa tea works as a good detox. The various parts of this plant are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, iron and protein. Moringa leaf is best known as an excellent source of nutrition and natural energy booster. This energy boost is not based on sugar, and so it is sustained. Most importantly for helping with yoni pH, Moringa is also soothing. It helps lower blood pressure and is a sleep aid. Its detoxifying effect may come from Moringa's ability to purify water.
You could also look into the official alkaline food list, which contains, fruits, veg, nuts and more from Dr Sebi.
2. Yoni Detox
Yoni detoxing will also help balance the womb environment and your yoni pH scale. The EmpressBody Detox Pearls work by the specially selected herbs creating a pulling effect that draws toxins, bad bacteria, dead cells, old blood clots, mucus and more from your yoni, while at the same time tightening your yoni and deterring vaginal dryness and other ailments.
Click here to read more about the EmpressBody Yoni Detox Pearls
3. Go Organic
Switch to an organic yoni wash that contains no fragrance or parabens, like the EmpressBody Yoni Wash. EmpressBody™ Yoni Wash (Vaginal wash) has 100% organic, natural ingredients, which will help maintain a healthy yoni pH Balance, support the natural acidity and aid in preventing bacteria build up or yeast infections. Safe for daily use.
• Paraben free • Sulfate free
• Phthalate free. • GMO free
• Propylene Glycol free. • Dye free
• Artificial Fragrance free •DEA free
• Lye free • Cruelty free. • Certified sustainable plant based ingredients
Directions On How To Use
1. Apply 2-3 pumps to your hand towel or actual hand.
2. Wash the external part of your Yoni only.
3. Use your fingertips or hand towel to clean thoroughly throughout the folds.
Soap should not go inside of your Yoni.
Click here to view the EmpressBody Yoni Wash
Or to make things easier for you, you could try the EmpressBody pH Balance Bundle which contains everything you need to maintain a healthy yoni pH!
For ailments such as Yeast, BV, Thrush, excess discharge or can be used as preventive measure to keep your yoni pH balanced. The EmpressBody pH Balance Bundle contains:
15ml Elixir Oil
6 Detox Pearls
Sensitive Yoni Wash
25ml Spirulina Powder
Click here to purchase the EmpressBody pH Balance Bundle now
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody yoni wellness products
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody body wellness products