20 Reasons to use Menstrual cups
1. No more dry vagina. Tampons absorb the blood from your period but they also absorb everything else.
2. Get to know your body. Menstruation is a natural process and you’ll become far more familiar with it using menstrual cups than you ever will with pads or tampons.
3. They’re awesome. Try one out and you’ll see. We’re kind of obsessed with period cups and we think you will be too if you give them a chance.
4. They’re easy. Empty your period cup every 8-12 hours, instead of 4-6 hours like you would with a pad or tampon. That’s double the time you can go without worrying about leakage.
5. Save your money. The average menstrual cup costs around £15 /$20 and can last for years. A single box of tampons or pads costs around £3/$5 and will only last you for one month. You do the math!
6. They don’t smell! There’s less odour with a menstrual cups than with pads or tampons because they’re not exposed to the air.
7. Staying power. Menstrual cups can last through the night, even when it’s your heaviest flow. Yes, no more stained sheets in the morning, or stumbling around in the middle of the night to deal with your period.
8. No more foreign things “up there.” Forget about little fibers from tampons, or even pieces breaking off and getting stuck in your vagina.
9. Learn something new. You’ll feel so proud of yourself for trying something new and conquering it!
10. Keep your vagina PH balanced. No more disrupting the natural flow of things by inserting chemical laden tampons.
11. High quality. They’re safe and made from the highest quality medical grade silicone.
12. Lower your cancer risk. Some studies have associated tampons with a higher risk of cervical cancer. Worry no more!
13. No more rashes. Pads can cause some scary skin stuff akin to diaper rash. Just say no to that!
14. Comfort. You won’t even notice it’s in there, once you get the hang of inserting it correctly. Trust me.
15. Reduce your chance of getting toxic shock syndrome. Let’s be real! That’s some scary stuff, but you’re risk of this is far less with menstrual cups than tampons.
16.They’re ideal for traveling. Who wants to deal with having to stock up on pads or tampons in a foreign country? What about a long train-ride and your period coming unexpectedly? Get a menstrual cup!
17. They’re easy to empty. Just dump out the fluid in the toilet or sink and you’re good to go.
18. You can keep track of how much you’re menstruating. It’s easy to measure with a menstrual cup, unlike pads or tampons in case your doctor or nurse needs to know.
19. No more stained underwear. Menstrual cups hold far more fluid than the average tampon and most women just wear them alone, with perhaps a panty-liner in case of a small amount of leakage.
20. They can’t get lost-it’s impossible!